Thursday, September 10, 2009

"Love and Respect" by Dr Emmerson Eggerich


My husband and I were not able to attend the “Love and Respect” course offered at our church. When I saw this being offered I grabbed it eagerly and was certainly not disappointed. It is certainly a marriage book with a difference as it focuses on two things – love and respect. Using “Each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.” (Ephesians 5:33) It’s the kind of book where one chuckles and nods throughout.
Reading it has been a great time of conviction for me – I’ve seen how by respecting my husband, I respect and honour God. The book re-enforces how we see and interpret the same thing so differently. Reading it has helped me stop and think, “If I say this – how will it make my husband feel?”


Love and Respect are both verbs and this book shows how they are certainly nothing to be earned or deserved but yet a command from God. They are not mutually exclusive yet go together to complete a relationship. This book has sections that speak directly to the husband and the wife yet so plainly one can learn from both lessons.


People should also not wait for marriage to read this book! It’s also one that should be kept as a permanent reference guide in the home.


I received this book through the Thomas Nelson Book review blogger programme: http://brb.thomasnelson.com

No comments:

Post a Comment