Wednesday, July 22, 2009

It doesn't get easier!

In fact, it gets harder!

When Papen was a baby and we had the nappies (diapers!) and potty training, and the crying, the asthma and emergency visits to ER, the waiting in the NICU and all those things parents go through, everyone said "don't worry, as they get older it gets easier!"

Well, it doesn't. They start coming home with their little hearts broken as some other child has been mean to them, or hit them - or done something. There's been times I've wanted to march to that school, grab a certain child and shake him until his teeth rattle! If it wasn't for Christ in my life I am sure I would be one of these psycho mommies that does just that.

However, I can't fight his battles for him. He has to learn to stand on his own two feet, and to be able to deal with issues like this. He and I will both look a bit silly if he is 45 and I go and punch out his boss one day or something! All I could do was contact the teacher, speak to her and at least she was aware of this and subsequently moved this other child as far away from his desk as possible.

So it doesn't get easier, things just change.

No comments:

Post a Comment