Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tick Bite

Papen has tick bite "fever" - not quite at the fever stage yet as we caught it in time. He came to me on Saturday evening complaining that he was sore - he showed me where it hurt and he has a ginormous lump there. Of course everyone was telling me "HERNIA!" but I knew it wasn't that. Not that I have a medical background, but he had a hernia op when he was three months old ... so experienced there.

Called the doc and she said it really sounded like a gland. She told me to treat it symptomatically and so we did. Yesterday I took him in. Doc confirmed it was a gland, and of course asked if he had hurt his leg anywhere. I told her that he had a very nasty bite on his bum - and by the time we got to her it had pushed out. Apparently it takes a few days to do this? She immediately identified it as a tick bite. Almost funny as the first thing Tazz and I did upon seeing that lump was examine him all over - toes, testicles, etc... and there was nothing.

The good thing - we caught it in time before it started manifesting as Tick Bite Fever. So he started the antibiotics last night and should be as right as rain soon.

SMSed some people - thanks to JB for calling - and for praying for him over the phone. I heard it and he was standing next to the car whilst she was praying - truly thought he was going to wind up being slain in the Spirit right there in the pharmacy parking lot!

My great-big little boy is going to be fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment